TO LOSE A FEW POUNDS CAN BE SOMETIMES A HARD TASK FOR ALMOST EVERYONE. Let us be honest here. It is not a damn easy, especially if you go out with friends to eat out in the buffet restaurant. How could you resist to eat those inviting foods display right in front of your eyes? But hey, if you really want to be reasonable size, try to discipline yourself. Stop eating after five or six in the evening. But if you are really hungry eat a very light meal.
However, there are many ways to lose that extra rolls around our waists etc.
1. Cut Back on Sugars and Starches
The most important part is to cut back on sugars and starches (carbs).
These are the foods that stimulate secretion of insulin the most. If you didn’t know already, insulin is the main fat storage hormone in the body.
When insulin goes down, fat has an easier time getting out of the fat stores and the body starts burning fats instead of carbs.
Another benefit of lowering insulin is that your kidneys shed excess sodium and water out of your body, which reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight.
The best way to lose weight, try to lose it gradually. If you loses it fast, you will gain the weight you lost very quickly
Cut the carbs, lower your insulin and you will start to eat less calories automatically and without hunger.
Put simply, lowering your insulin puts fat loss on.2. Eat Protein, Fat and Vegetables
Each one of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables. Constructing your meals in this way will automatically bring your carb intake into the recommended range of – 20-50 grams per day.
- Meat – Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, bacon, etc.
- Fish and Seafood – Salmon, trout, shrimps, lobsters, etc.
- Eggs – Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
The importance of eating plenty of protein can not be overstated.
This has been shown to boost metabolism by 80 to 100 calories per day.
High protein diets can also reduce obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, reduce desire for late-night snacking by half, and make you so full that you automatically eat 441 fewer calories per day… just by add more protein to your diet.
When it comes to losing weight, protein is the KING OF NUTRIENT. Period!
- Brussels Sprouts
- Swiss Chard
Don’t be afraid to load your plate with these low-carb vegetables. You can eat massive amounts of them without going over 20-50 net carbs per day.
A diet based on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy. There is no physiological need for grains in the diet.
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
Eat 2-3 meals per day. If you find yourself hungry in the afternoon, add a 4th meal.
Don’t be afraid of eating fat, trying to do both low-carb AND low-fat at the same time is a recipe for failure. It will make you feel miserable and abandon the plan.
The best cooking fat to use is coconut oil. It is rich in fats called medium-chain triglycerides. These fats are more fulfilling than others and can boost metabolism slightly.
There is no reason to fear these natural fats, new studies show that saturated fat doesn’t raise your heart disease risk at all.
2. Lift Weights TWO OR THREE Times Per Week
IT is not necessary for you to exercise to lose weight on this plan, but it is recommended.
The best option is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Do a warm up first, lift weights, then stretch.
If you’re new to the gym, please ask a trainer for some advice. Do not attempt to do it yourself if you do not know how to use weight stuff, you may end up harming yourself.
By lifting weights, you will burn a few calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down, which is a common side effect of losing weight .
Studies on low-carb diets show that you can even gain a bit of muscle while losing significant amounts of body fat.
If lifting weights is not an option for you, then doing some easier cardio workouts like running, jogging, brisk walk, swimming or even just walking will suffice.
Optional – Do a “Carb Re-feed” Once Per Week
You can take one day “off” per week, where you eat more carbs. Moderation! Many people prefer Saturday.
It is important to try to stick to healthier carb sources like oats, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc.
But only this one higher carb day, if you start doing it more often than once per week, then you’re not going to see much success on this plan.
If you must have a cheat meal and eat something unhealthy, then do it on this day. Still in moderation.
Be aware that cheat meals or carb refeeds are NOT necessary, but they can up-regulate some fat burning hormones like leptin and thyroid hormones.
You will gain some weight during your re-feed day, but most of it will be water weight and you will lose it again in the next couple of days. What About Calories and Portion Control?
It is NOT necessary to count calories as long as you keep the carbs very low and stick to protein, fat and low-carb vegetables.
The main goal is to keep carbs under 20-50 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein foods.
Here are 10 more tips to lose weight-
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Eating a high-protein breakfast reduces cravings and calorie intake throughout the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body; avoid them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods. Certain foods are very useful for losing fat..
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in belly area.
- Drink coffee or tea. It can boost your slow metabolism if you have no allergy reaction to caffeine.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Enjoy your meal.
- Use smaller plates. Studies show that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it does work.
- Get a good decent night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for gaining weight and so taking care of your sleep.